Taking a long road trip is always fun if you bring along the family or even go by yourself. In case you are taking a short holiday in Queensland, why not look around? You can create your own road trip plan by looking at some of the top places. However, be for you start preparing – you’ll need to rent a car first. Here are some tips for renting a car.
1. Before you even think of using a car hire company, it is best to look over car rental websites. This way you’ll know what to expect. Most of these companies have their own website with a FAQ page listed in case you have questions. Most of the FAQ page you read will cover everything from what you need to bring in order to hire, a list of functions the car has, expected times to take the car back and much more. Gold Coast Car Rental companies are well represented online.
2. By inquiring online first, you’ll be more prepared and know what to expect. After, you can always meet the rental car employees and speak with someone about the process of renting a car. It is very important that you bring the right documents such as your identification card, passport, and so forth. If you aren’t sure what to bring, just give them a call to ask. Having to make two taxi trips from your hotel isn’t fun and can leave you feeling stressed.
3. Find out what they don’t allow in the car. Obviously, firearms cannot be brought but what about other items? Anything that cannot be properly secured to the car is always a danger on the road. Most car hire companies can give you a pamphlet on how to secure your items in case you are bringing a canoe, bike, or piece of furniture. Who knows what you’ll have to lug over the long roads so it is better to be safe then sorry.
4. See if the car hire company meets client satisfaction. There are many review sites online but the most well known one is Yelp. If they are not featured on Yelp, you can always look up the company through a Google search. You want to make sure everything is described perfectly so that way the car rental company meets your expectations.
5. Are they offering insurance with the car or do you need to buy your own? Every car hire company is different but it is very important to find this out first. If they are offering their own, it is probably at the highest level of protection since they don’t want to be held liable for any damages you or someone else may cause. If you just need basic coverage, go with an insurance company that has a good reputation. Most car rental companies will give out free brochures on the top insurance companies. If you are still unsure, talk with a representative about your options and tell them your needs. They’ll be able to find the right insurance company for you.